- If I registered for last year’s Walk for Rice, do I have to register again this year?
Yes. However, if you are a returning participant from last year, you can register with previous log in information.
- How do I register my children or friends/family withOUT an email address?
Unfortunately, we do not currently have a way to register youth or participants without an email address.
- I’m having trouble registering online or don’t know where to start. What should I do?
We have included a step-by-step guide called “Registration 101”. If you are still having problems, please feel free to email email@example.com or call (206)774-2444.
- I didn’t get an email notification of my registration and/or donation. What’s wrong?
You may see a delay between action on the website and an email confirmation. Try refreshing your browser after a few minutes. If you still have nothing, check your junk email folder. Finally, contact firstname.lastname@example.org to confirm registration/donation.
- First, register online to set-up your personal fundraising web page.
- Then, send emails to your friends, family and coworkers inviting them to sponsor you, learn more about Walk for Rice and support the ACRS Food Bank.
- We have created email templates available online once you log in to the Participant Center. We also have a lot of great fundraising tips in the Supporter Toolkit located under the RESOURCES tab at the top of the page.
- Where do the funds I raise go?
Your donations and sponsorships go directly to Asian Counseling and Referral Service, a nationally-recognized nonprofit organization offering a variety of health and social services to Asian Americans and Pacific Islanders in King County. All funds raised will support the ACRS Food Bank, and Nutrition and Emergency Feeding Program.
- I want to make a donation but do not want to do so online. What should I do?
Donating online is the fastest and easiest way to give to Walk for Rice, and all online transactions are secure. However, if you choose to make an offline donation please mail to ACRS (Attn: Stephen, 3639 Martin Luther King Jr. Way S, Seattle, WA 98144). Please include your name and if you'd like your donation to be credited to a specific individual or team
- Can I donate food instead of money?
If you would like to donate non-perishable food items, please visit this page to learn about what items are needed, and how to make a delivery
- Will I get a receipt for my donation?
A receipt will be emailed to you immediately following your online donation. Please save and/or print this email for your tax records. If you've mailed in a check, we will mail you a tax receipt in July, following the closing event for Walk for Rice in June. If you have any concerns regarding your receipt, please email email@example.com.
- If someone donates to me or my team with a check, how will I get credited?
Please have the donor fill out an offline donation form and attach it to their check. These can be found under the RESOURCES tab (NOTE: these forms will look slightly different, but will ask for the same info). Please also write your name on the memo line of the check. We will make sure to apply the check to your total.
- I’m asking friends to sponsor me. Is it okay if they give me cash (or make a check out to my name) and I just write one check for all of the donations?
We prefer each individual donation accompany a separate offline donation form with the donor’s name and contact information. Filling these out only takes a moment, and allows us to properly thank each person with an official donation receipt, which can be used for tax purposes. Without separate forms and payments, we can only legally thank the individual whose name is on the check. NO EXCEPTIONS.
- I own a business and want to get involved in Walk for Rice. Who should I contact?
For sponsorship opportunities or in-kind contributions, please contact Mary Ann Goto at (206) 695-7551 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- What do I do with my matching gift forms?
Matching gift forms may be mailed to Asian Counseling and Referral Service, Attn: Walk for Rice, 3639 MLK Way S, Seattle, WA 98144. When we receive the necessary paperwork, we will credit it toward your fundraising goal.
- How do I know if my company matches charitable contributions?
Generally, your human resources department should be able to confirm if your company matches charitable contributions. Check out your company webpage, or contact your human resource department directly. Thank you!
- How do I volunteer for Walk for Rice?
We can always use volunteers! For volunteer positions available, please visit https://acrs.org/volunteer/.
- Does Walk for Rice have a Facebook Page?
Yes! www.facebook.com/walkforrice. Please support Walk for Rice by “liking” our page and keep up to date on all current information, news, and event photos.
- If I email friends and family through Walk for Rice’s website, will they get ACRS mail?
No. Email addresses entered into the Walk for Rice website through the Participant Center are confidential and will not receive email from ACRS or Walk for Rice.
Did you find the answer to your question(s)? If not, please email email@example.com.